Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli


A crock pot is every busy person's best friend as it makes busy life so much easier.  There are so many recipes we can make in it, be it desserts or main dishes.  Although, I feel blessed being a stay-at-home mom but that does not mean I don't get busy.  As a matter of fact, being at home makes you work 24/7 for the family that you love dearly.  So, kudos to all the busy homemakers out there!  

In my world, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the busiest days since I have to drive around my little one to her "after school" activities.  Meaning, they are my crock pot days!  I think this pasta recipe fits the bill.  An Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli version made in a crock pot.  Who knew?  Serve some green salad and bread sticks on the side, you'll have a gourmet dinner ready in minutes for the family!  And did I say, they loved them?



I cut the recipe in half, perfect for my small family



Ingredients

2 pounds ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (16 oz) can red kidney beans, drained (I skipped this, to my preference)
1 (16 oz) can white kidney beans, drained
3 (10 oz) cans beef stock
3 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons pepper
5 teaspoons parsley
1 teaspoon tabasco sauce (optional)
1 (20 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
8 ounces pasta


Brown beef in a skillet.   Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except pasta.  Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.  During last 30 minutes on high or 1 hour on low, add pasta.


Yield:  12 servings

Recipe courtesy:  Food.com



No comments:

Post a Comment