Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fluffy Pancake

Most weekends, we love to cook some good hearty breakfast in our family.  A lot of times, "Papa" does the cooking, giving "Mama" more time to sleep in and cuddle with little Sweetpea.  I have to say, I'm very blessed to have a husband who can tackle anything in the kitchen whom I know for sure would survive when I'm not available.

Hubby is out of town, so meaning I'll be the one making breakfast.  I planned of making Sweetpea one of her favorite breakfast, and that is pancake!!!  This girl loves pancake so much and I have to embarrassingly admit that I've been feeding her the ready made ones out of the box.  Finally, my motherly guilt kicked in and thought if I can make anything from scratch, why not pancakes?!?  So here it is.....the fluffiest, delicious pancake topped with her choice of fresh raspberries!  And I have to agree with my daughter saying, "Mama, this is the best pancake ever!" as she devours hers.



A beauty for my Sweetpea!


Incorporate together the dry and liquid mixture and leave for at least 5 minutes to marry the flavor while grill is heating up.
Make sure to spray the griddle evenly with non stick cooking spray.
Carefully flip each pancake as they turn golden brown...
This I call...the stackable!!! Yum!!!




Ingredients

3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
cooking spray


Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".  Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.  Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk.  Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated.  Note:  I try not to over mix them.  Make sure to let the mixture rest for at least 5 minutes before pouring onto the griddle. 

Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray.  Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.  Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.  Serve warm with your favorite pancake syrup and some fresh fruits on the side.  Enjoy!


Yield: 8 pancakes

Recipe adaptation:  allrecipes.com (with SFA's own twist)

No comments:

Post a Comment