Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Crock Pot BBQ Ribs

BBQ Ribs are one of my husband's favorite foods.  These sticky, sweet and tangy pork ribs are such a staple in our family, next to pizza!  This definitely is something that I was not familiar with growing up in the island of Philippines.  Yes, we have pork ribs but certainly not cooked this way.  With my husband being such a lover of it, I myself had grown into it over the years that I actually crave for'em every now and then.

It has been a while since we last had some.  The weather lately in the Midwest has been so rugged considering we're in the middle of winter.  With that said, there's no way I'd be grilling outside.  So, what's the solution?  Crock Pot!!!  I love crock pot recipes when the temperature outside drops, the aroma of food envelops the house and brings so much warmth and comfort.  And yes, this version is so easy and surprisingly finger-licking delicious that I can even multitask doing other chores... Or you could sit back, relax, grab a book and let the crock pot do the cooking!






Ingredients

1 rack pork ribs
1- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce of your choice (I use our favorite brand, Sweet Baby Ray's)
1-2 tablespoons ground mustard
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder

Divide ribs into four.  This helps fit into the crock pot and for perfect serving sizes.  Mix all seasonings in a bowl.  Gently rub seasonings onto the ribs (mostly on meaty side).  Put ribs into the crock pot on high for 4-6 hours.  Scoop out juices from the crock pot before adding the barbecue sauce (this will help the sauce stick on the ribs).  Add barbecue sauce, making sure all ribs are covered.  Continue cooking for another 1-2 hours.  Right before serving, I place the ribs on a cookie sheet lined with foil and place under the broiler for few minutes to make the sauce a little brownish on the outside.  The end result is mouth-watering!  Enjoy!


Yield:  4 servings

Recipe adaptation:  Six Sisters Stuff with SFA's slight modification



No comments:

Post a Comment