Monday, July 30, 2012

Balsamic Black Pepper Pork Chops


"Don't judge the book by its cover."  Yep, that's right...because the look of this dish is what exactly describes it!  Pork chops can be a bit boring and bland at times if you don't have the right ingredients in it.  When I saw 'balsamic', it captured my eye.  I was intrigued (since I like balsamic vinegar).  Needless to say, I decided to take a chance of the 'uncertainty' of what the outcome may be.  And boy, was I glad!  When you find yourself licking at your own fingers and scraping the pan juices, what does that tell you?  That tells me I hit a home run!!!


Ingredients:

4 4-ounce pork chops (preferably bone-in)
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup lower sodium chicken broth

Sprinkle pork chops with pepper, salt and thyme.  Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high.  Add the chops and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked to desired degree of doneness.  (At 150 degrees the chops will be pink in the center, juicy and tender).  Remove from pan.
Add the onion to the pan, stir and add the vinegar and broth.  Cook 2-3 minutes, or until sauce is thick.  Add the chops back to the pan, turning once to cover them in the sauce.
Serve with any sauce remaining in the pan drizzled over the pork.

Recipe courtesy:  A sweet and savory life



 


No comments:

Post a Comment