Thursday, September 6, 2012

Easy Curried Chicken Breast






This is my first time making chicken curry.  It's absolutely yummy!  This is a lovely, lemon-colored dish with nice and creamy gravy that is perfect over a bed of steamed rice.  You can add any vegetables you want but the recipe below is what I had in the fridge, which is by the way, a good way to use up what ever veggies you have in the house.  Super easy, another method of making it is simmering on the stove top but on here, I found the crockpot method as the easiest for my time and convenience.  Crockpot is my bestfriend during hectic days when I don't have much time to hang out in the kitchen.  Days when my daughter has school, gymnastics class, ballet class, running errands in town, etc.  I put everything in the crockpot, let it do its cooking, and by the end of the day all I want is to sit back, relax and have some yummy, wholesome, comfort food for dinner.  This dish is definitely perfect for it!


4 boneless chicken breast, sliced in two and seasoned with salt and pepper, to taste
1 large yellow onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 (10 3/4 oz.) cream of chicken soup
2 organic carrots, julienne
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1/2 cup white wine or water
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon curry powder

In a large skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil.  Saute onions and garlic until soft, then remove from pan.  Add more oil to pan if needed and brown chicken on both sides.  Put all ingredients, including chicken breasts and sauteed onions in the crock pot, cover and set to low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours, or until chicken is cooked and tender.



Yield: 8 servings

Recipe courtesy: Food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment