Tuesday, September 23, 2014

To Die For Pot Roast

Fall has just arrived!  I loooooove everything about fall from nature's beautiful change of colors, the comfort foods, hot cocoa, cozy and cuddly weather, fall festivities (farm and orchard trips, apple picking, yay!) and let's not forget fashion, as well (cardigans, light jackets, jeans and boots....oh my!).  As you can tell, fall is my kind of weather...my kind of style... and has my kind of comfort foods.  There's something about it that excites me!
I have been dying to make this pot roast for the longest time and just waited for the right moment, right time to make it.  Today, the weather seems cooperating with me as it's kind of cool out there already....so, I figured today is the day for this mouth-watering deliciousness plated and accessorized just the way hubby would eat his pot roast (smothered over pasta which in my case would be rice as most of you know I eat rice with everything, ha!...and a steamed corn in a cob on the side, yum!).





1 (4-5 lb) beef roast
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix, dry
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dried Italian salad seasoning (I use half only, personal preference)
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix, dry
1/2 cup water
3 big carrots, chopped (optional)
3 long sticks celery, chopped (optional)

Place beef roast in crock pot. Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.  Drop chopped carrots and celery around, and pour water around the roast.  Cook on low for 7-9 hours.  Enjoy!


Yield:  8 servings
Recipe Courtesy:  Food.com, by yooper

No comments:

Post a Comment