Saturday, August 9, 2014

Whey And Cream Cheese







Making whey and cream cheese is so much easier than I thought.  All you need is some plain milk kefir (which I prefer) or a store-bought plain yogurt.  I use my whey for my homemade probiotic lemonade and I use the cream cheese for any recipes that calls for it.  



2 cups milk kefir (I use homemade, unflavored)
1 coffee filter (big enough to fit the kefir)
plastic strainer
1 deep medium-size bowl
Saran wrap or paper towel

Position the plastic strainer with coffee filter on it on the bowl making sure there's enough room at the bottom of the bowl for drippings. Pour milk kefir into the strainer, let it drip. Cover with Saran wrap or paper towel. Place it in the fridge overnight. The next day, you'll have instant whey (liquid) and the top part is cream cheese.  Keep them separately in tight containers at the fridge, they will last for months to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment